No sound output

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
3hre

No sound output

Post by 3hre »

Everything was fine and then when I tried to play a video on youtube it had a message onscreen saying if the playback did not start soon to reboot my computer, which I eventually did do. Now in the sound settings I see visual indicators of sound being processed but nothing actually heard. I did, at least I think, investigate all F1-12 button hitting options as the culprit (does not hurt to double check though if I missed something?) I am out of ideas :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: No sound output

Post by MrEen »

I must say I've never heard of reboot suggestions in that way. However, a quick check for muted can be done with

Code: Select all

pacmd list-sinks | grep muted
If the returns are all no, try deleting the files in ~/.config/pulse/ and log out/in or reboot.

Return to “Beginner Questions”