No access to BIOS after installing Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on an Acer Aspire E 15

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nitya Deva

No access to BIOS after installing Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on an Acer Aspire E 15

Post by Nitya Deva »

Hi,

I have installed Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on my Laptop (Acer Aspire E 15). Now I am not able to enter BIOS anymore by pressing F2 when starting!
Only GRUB will show up.
Maybe it could also be an Acer-produced problem. But maybe not.
I have no idea.
Thank you very much!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: No access to BIOS after installing Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on an Acer Aspire E 15

Post by AZgl1800 »

Try ESC and F12, or maybe F11

my Aspire is doing something like that also, but I think ESC let me in.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Beginner Questions”