Wine program not showing in mintMenu [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Wine program not showing in mintMenu [SOLVED]

Post by gibbs1984 »

I installed uTorrent through Wine and everything works fine but the only problem I've got is that it doesn't show in the mintMenu, I'm not sure how to add it, at the moment I have to keep clicking on the .exe in the C:/ drive to use it.

I tried uninstalling uTorrent and then downloading the .exe again but it doesn't even go to the setup menu, it just opens uTorrent, so I'm assuming uTorrent wasn't uninstalled correctly, can't figure out how to uninstall it again because when I go to the Uninstall Wine Software it doesn't show up in there.

If I can uninstall it and reinstall then I can choose the add icon to menu bit which I (for some reason) unticked the first time.

I'm using Linux Mint 7 Gnome by the way.

Steve
Last edited by gibbs1984 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint 19.0 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Wine program not showing in mintMenu

Post by gibbs1984 »

Anyone? :(
kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by kei84 »

Go to /home/user name/.wine/drive_c/Program Files and see if uTorrent folder is there. If there is delete it.
Also add the Search For Files applet in your panel and type uTorrent. Delete everything that appears in the list.

Then make a fresh install of uTorrent.

PS: there are great torrent clients for Linux so I don`t really see a reason to install uTorrent through wine.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

kei84 wrote:Go to /home/user name/.wine/drive_c/Program Files and see if uTorrent folder is there. If there is delete it.
Also add the Search For Files applet in your panel and type uTorrent. Delete everything that appears in the list.

Then make a fresh install of uTorrent.

PS: there are great torrent clients for Linux so I don`t really see a reason to install uTorrent through wine.
the torrent client Deluge is very much like utorrent infact it is one of my favourites on linux just like how utorrent is my favourite on windows :D
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Hmm, thanks, never heard of Deluge before, looks exactly the same as uTorrent so I'm using that instead now.

Simple enough as usual :D

Thanks.

Return to “Newbie Questions”