Can't boot LM after crash

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Buffer

Can't boot LM after crash

Post by Buffer »

Hello, new user here. I installed Linux Mint 18.3 about a week ago and was enjoying it until the system froze and I had to do a hard reset. Ever since then Linux will stop at the boot screen. I tried recovery mode from the GRUB and got this error message:

Something that might be worth noting is that I run a dual boot machine and Windows gave a error message about the disk when I booted it. Could it be a problem with the partition?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Can't boot LM after crash

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Buffer Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

That looks more like a memory problem.

Usually the panic references the inability to access root or the block device /dev/sda etc.

Try booting the live media and see if that runs for a while,

If it does paste back sudo blkid to locate the linux partition so it can be mounted and looked at.

Return to “Beginner Questions”