Game Install Problems

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Naring
Level 1
Level 1

Game Install Problems

Post by Naring »

SOLVED

I have downloaded a few different games from the internet but when i have no clue how to install them. all i see is a blue dimond and when i double click on it i comes up with a box asking to choose a program to run it in. Two of the game i am trying to play are Runes of Magic and also Regnum. Can someone help me out or walk me through how to do this thank you.
Last edited by Naring on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Game Install Problems

Post by kei84 »

What is the extension of these files you downloaded?

I am sure it is not deb. I believe is exe, in this case you will need Wine installed. You can install it through synaptic or software manager, just type wine.

Naring
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Naring »

I have wine installed and its working fine but these both are linux game i think or Regnum is at least and i am not sure what file type it is

kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by kei84 »

Runes of Magic runs okay under Wine as far as I know. If Wine is installed correctly just double click the file or choose "open with Wine" and install it.

In the case of Regnum, there is a version for Linux. I believe that the one you have there. Drag the file with blue diamond shape in your home folder. Then right click on the icon and choose "properties" and make sure "allowing executing file as program" (or something like that) is checked. Then double click and you should be able to install the game.

Let me know if things works.

Naring
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Naring »

kei84 wrote:Runes of Magic runs okay under Wine as far as I know. If Wine is installed correctly just double click the file or choose "open with Wine" and install it.

In the case of Regnum, there is a version for Linux. I believe that the one you have there. Drag the file with blue diamond shape in your home folder. Then right click on the icon and choose "properties" and make sure "allowing executing file as program" (or something like that) is checked. Then double click and you should be able to install the game.

Let me know if things works.

Thank you i think i have it working now

kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by kei84 »

If everything is okay, put SOLVED in this post.

Return to “Newbie Questions”