Using new Mint xfce Software Manager

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jack054
Level 1
Level 1

Using new Mint xfce Software Manager

Post by Jack054 »

As I said in my previous post, I will check out uBlock Origin, but I still don't know how to use the new updated Software Manager app in Mint XFCE 18.3.

It appears that the new Software Manager app is loaded with pre-selected apps for opening, but how is an app opened when downloaded from the web using the Software Manager?
Jack054
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Using new Mint xfce Software Manager

Post by richyrich »

Most have a graphical user interface, some do not . . google is your friend. :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

The software manager doesn't just download applications, it installs them. Applications that have a graphical interface will generally be added to the menu during installation.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Jack054
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Using new Mint xfce Software Manager (solved-see below)

Post by Jack054 »

I still do not understand how to use the new Software Manager so I will continue to resolve that issue.

Is there any documentation about the new mint xfce Software Manager that I could review?
Jack054
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Please, explain in a little more detail on what you are trying to accomplish . . there are many knowledgeable members here that are willing to help. :)
Jack054
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jack054 »

I'm going to try downloading uBlock Origin and will get back to you on how it goes.
Jack054
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

It's in the Add-ons window of Firefox, just click "get more add-ons" . . once there you can use the searchbox to find Ublock . . :)
Jack054
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jack054 »

Thanks for your help
Jack054

Return to “Beginner Questions”