LED keyboard and Mint 19

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

LED keyboard and Mint 19

Post by Silent Warrior »

I wasn't sure where else to put it, so newbie section it is.
When I upgraded from 18.3 to 19, I noticed that the LED-lit keyboard I use would no longer respond to the 'lights on'-key (Scroll lock). I don't know whether to laugh out loud and kiss someone (spoiler alert: I EFFING DESPISE LED-lit computer hardware), or sincerely ask for help. Anyway, just so I can type even with the ceiling lights on (can't see the key symbols without the LED lights), I've moved that keyboard to another PC, replacing it with a real keyboard :wink: for the time being. I'm kind of tempted to leave the keyboards where they are now, actually, but if anyone has an idea as to what happened, do tell.
The keyboard in question is a CoolerMaster Storm, or CoolerMaster Devastator (first model), depending on what side you're looking at.
Seadreamer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LED keyboard and Mint 19

Post by Seadreamer »

A quick google search indicates that the Coolermaster keyboards are not supported by Linux, however I also located a method of dealing with it.

http://blog.rumyhub.com/post/2015/01/31 ... utton.aspx
Homebrew Intel i7/13700 64gb RAM
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon
Win 10 for games
Seadreamer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Seadreamer »

You could also try

Code: Select all

xset led on
or

Code: Select all

xset led off
Homebrew Intel i7/13700 64gb RAM
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon
Win 10 for games
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Silent Warrior »

Not supported? Fair enough, but the lighting used to work just fine regardless. Anyway, I'll bookmark that link. Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”