Keyboard issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ricardo Vieira

Keyboard issue

Post by Ricardo Vieira »

Hello,

By using LM 18.2 the keyboard backlight was ok. Then I did install LM 19 and that resource did not work anymore. I did some researches and discovered that is a BIOS issue. LM 18.2 was installed in CSM mode. LM 19 is in UEFI mode. The solution based in a PPA did not work in my system.

Is there any way to solve this issue without a new clean installation based in CSM mode?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Seadreamer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Keyboard issue

Post by Seadreamer »

Try this:

Code: Select all

xset led on
or this

xset led off
Homebrew Intel i7/13700 64gb RAM
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon
Win 10 for games
Ricardo Vieira

Re: Keyboard issue

Post by Ricardo Vieira »

Seadreamer wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:20 pm Try this:

xset led on
or this

xset led off

It did not work.

Anyway thank you for the help.

By the way, I read the page below. It has been published when my machine was built, so it has affected. Tomorrow I will make a clean install, based on bios CSM mode.

www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Samsung ... 00541.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”