scan issue

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Ajit Mahabal
Level 1
Level 1

scan issue

Post by Ajit Mahabal » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:37 am

Hello,
I have installed Linux Mint 19 64 bit ( upgraded from Linux 18) and connected brother printer DCP-165C all in one machine. Printer drivers were installed by reading and following instruction from this forum . Have also identified as default printer. Could print a document, but could not scan document to image or OCR.

Lord Boltar
Level 4
Level 4

Re: scan issue

Post by Lord Boltar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Ajit Mahabal
Level 1
Level 1

Re: scan issue

Post by Ajit Mahabal » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 am

Hi, I worked as per page shared. I was struggling initially to sort out. Later learn that scan drivers are stored in different location in 64 bit mint 19 . Located the same and sorted the scan problem. Support brother site is not updated as ubuntu/mint is updated than version 14.

Return to “Newbie Questions”