Nvidia Drivers wont work

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
teknotel

Nvidia Drivers wont work

Post by teknotel »

Hey newbie here. Installed Linux to dual boot with windows 10 on my new system. Went fine, except the nvidia drivers won't seem to work. Causing me to crash into fallback mode or something. Purged the nvidia drivers and added some untrusted ones following a guide. It added new drivers, but just the same problem.

Went back to open source ones that aren't nvidia and its working ok.

Anyone help me? Do I need the nvidia drivers? Would like them I guess, but no idea what to do. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lord Boltar

Re: Nvidia Drivers wont work

Post by Lord Boltar »

nVidia Drivers

open terminal and copy paste the below

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

then push enter and select yes to add

sudo apt-get update

then push enter wait for it to update then close the terminal

Then go to your Driver Manager and update to the latest drivers

Return to “Beginner Questions”