Show only left side of the video

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yoshiki2

Show only left side of the video

Post by yoshiki2 »

calse2.jpeg
How can I resize a video, so I can only watch the left side? If you can see the video My school records what the professor does on the board on the left, and whatever else she does on the computer it's on the right. However, she never uses the computer so it would be much better if I could get VLC or another program to just resize the video and show me what is on the left. any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Show only left side of the video

Post by gm10 »

If you just want to crop it for display (rather than modify the video file itself) that's trivial to do with VLC. Open the video, Ctrl+E > Video Effects > Crop and then enter the amount of pixels you want to cut off from the Right.

Return to “Beginner Questions”