Found forum FAQS Where are the "technical" FAQS

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

Found forum FAQS Where are the "technical" FAQS

Post by bill_steamshovel »

Hello,

I have been looking at these sites

https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php some very good info for newbs
app.php/help/faq this faq site seems to concentrate upon how to use the forums

Is there a set of "technical" FAQS or a further list of recommended tutorials/books somewhere or should people rely upon Google as first stop for finding out about basic stuff. I know that there is a sticky saying use google before posting on the forum.

For example, this post was prompted by me not understanding how to "run" a desklet after clicking on it in the welcome screen, I went to the FAQS above and they were all guides for "how to use the forum". Am happy to use google and forum searches to learn more about desklets.

Am very happy to do my learning using google but I wanted to double check that I hadn't missed a list of more technical FAQS / Recommended Books / Recommended websites which might save me a bit of google time.

I just googled recommended books on this forum and found a few to follow up on.

Bill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Found forum FAQS Where are the "technical" FAQS

Post by Flemur »

There's -
Board index Main Edition Support Tutorials
viewforum.php?f=42
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Found forum FAQS Where are the "technical" FAQS

Post by bill_steamshovel »

Thanks for very quick response.

Will have a browse of that subforum. Looks like it will be what I'm looking for.

Bill

Return to “Beginner Questions”