Wireless connection is lost

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamesowens

Wireless connection is lost

Post by jamesowens »

I have lost my wireless connection after running ok for one year, I am using Linux mint 18.2 on a dell studio.I am now hardwired to the router.what tests can I perform to see if it is hardware or software fault?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lord Boltar

Re: Wireless connection is lost

Post by Lord Boltar »

Does other devices connect to the wireless? If yes use this command in your terminal to see if your OS sees the wireless card - copy and paste

lspci | grep -i wireless

This is from my laptop - you should see something similar

Aspire-E5-575G ~ $ lspci | grep -i wireless
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 31)

If you do not see anything then your card may have died

Return to “Beginner Questions”