Welcome Update Manager

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
theking2
Level 1
Level 1

Welcome Update Manager

Post by theking2 »

Hi

When i click update manager launch on the "Welcome" thing it responses with Insert disk labeled: Linux Mint 19_Tara..... in drive cdrom. I my Lenovo T430s there is no cdrom.
Install than fails.

wifi is working fine.

What should I do?
Last edited by xenopeek on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted 3 duplicates of this topic; hope this is the last you make :) you can edit your posts with the pencil icon in the top right of it
xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Welcome Update Manager

Post by xenopeek »

Sounds like the DVD repository is still enabled on your system. That should be the case only if you're running the ISO from an USB thumb drive for example, not after installing Linux Mint.

Can you share the output from the following command run from the terminal? (You can select and copy text through its Edit menu.)

inxi -Sr

Likely you can disable the DVD repository in Software Sources > Additional Repositories.
Lord Boltar
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Welcome Update Manager

Post by Lord Boltar »

Open your Synaptic Package Manager then go to Settings then Repositories then Other Software to see if the cdrom has a check-mark in it if it does uncheck it should work

Hope this helps
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Newbie Questions”