Mail for Linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theking2
Level 1
Level 1

Mail for Linux Mint

Post by theking2 »

Hi!

I really like Microsoft Mail in Windows 10. It is easy to setup has no screen globber and is fast.

Is there a mail program in Linux Mint that copied Microsoft Mail?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mail for Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

theking2 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 amhas no screen globber
I'm not familiar with the term "screen globber", can you explain what you mean with other words?

There are dozens of email clients on Linux. Being a Linux user, I wouldn't know what is unique about Microsoft Mail (other than forwarding everything you do to Microsoft HQ). From screenshots it looks to be a basic 3 panel email client? Those have been around for at least 22 years.

Here's an article from few days ago with 9 recommendations of more popular email clients on Linux: https://itsfoss.com/best-email-clients-linux/. Perhaps one will catch your eye. They're all free to try.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Microsoft Mail? probably not.

most Folks would use Thunderbird ..

on many occasions, I've replaced Windows Mail with T/bird - on windows systems, that is.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

What is a "screen globber? Never heard that term before.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

xenopeek wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:57 am
theking2 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 amhas no screen globber
I'm not familiar with the term "screen globber", can you explain what you mean with other words?

There are dozens of email clients on Linux. Being a Linux user, I wouldn't know what is unique about Microsoft Mail (other than forwarding everything you do to Microsoft HQ). From screenshots it looks to be a basic 3 panel email client? Those have been around for at least 22 years.

Here's an article from few days ago with 9 recommendations of more popular email clients on Linux: https://itsfoss.com/best-email-clients-linux/. Perhaps one will catch your eye. They're all free to try.

I hate the in-built Microsoft mail app, it is very ugly and has a lot of unused real-estate. Even in Windows 10 Thunderbird it still the go to mail app.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

theking2 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 am I really like Microsoft Mail in Windows 10. It is easy to setup has no screen globber and is fast.

Take a look at Geary, it's quite similar.

You certainly wouldn't like Thunderbird (and neither do I).

PS: Quite sure you meant "screen clutter" instead of globber, otherwise also add me to the list of those not knowing that term. ;)
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

in addition to geary have a look at mailspring and evolution
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Cortimi

Post by Cortimi »

I like Mailspring. It's beautiful and modern. I'm not a fan of "lean" programs, I like works of art. :P
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

I liked mailspring as well, but wanted an integrated calendar which it doesn't do yet. So I'm using evolution.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Is Microsoft Mail not just the replacement for OutlookExpress? If that is so, then the Linux default would be Thunderbird, but there are any number of other clients out there. Otherwise you can just log on to your mail server using your favourite browser.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
theking2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by theking2 »

gm10 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am
theking2 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 am I really like Microsoft Mail in Windows 10. It is easy to setup has no screen globber and is fast.

Take a look at Geary, it's quite similar.

You certainly wouldn't like Thunderbird (and neither do I).

PS: Quite sure you meant "screen clutter" instead of globber, otherwise also add me to the list of those not knowing that term. ;)
Geary is awesome!

Return to “Beginner Questions”