some proplems with mint and my new pc

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Birlindo
Level 1
Level 1

some proplems with mint and my new pc

Post by Birlindo »

hello ,

actually i got new pc and i found some proplems which i never face before with my old pc .

1st issue with the wireless connection it gets low signal and even i can't surf internet with my wireless connection of the network . my wireless card is alfa . usb ( in vista the signel is hight )

2nd issue with the sound when listen to music it gives only buzz (zzzzzz) with no voice . ( note - iam using subwoofer ) with some songs only my speakers are - creative - . and my motherboard built incard which is inter extreme . with i7 920 @ 2.67 processor

3rd is question my ram is 8 gb shall i make the swap 16 gb the double ?

as i mentiond i have no internet connection in my mint so iam asking about the 9800 gt nvidia driver will work or not . the resolution was fine 1680 x 1050 . 22 inch monitor .

regarding to the ram is mint 64 high consumer for ram or not . and can i get the driver of i look 300 genius cam for linux mint ?

and when the final gloria 64 bit will be ?

thanks in advance .

kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Re: some proplems with mint and my new pc

Post by kei84 »

1st issue: I can`t help you in this one

2nd issue: type alsamixer in your terminal and see if all the levels are up

3rd issue: no, 2 GB of swap is more than enought

When it comes to compatibility, Nvidia drivers are problably the best.
Mint 64 is not a high consummer for RAM (at least not with me). You problably won`t have any problem with your webcam.

Return to “Newbie Questions”