Rhythmbox cover art? Solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ben2talk2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Rhythmbox cover art?

Post by Ben2talk2 »

Edison wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm
CtrlAltDel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 pm You can't browse your music collection using a cover art category with Clementine.
Disappointing. I liked Banshee and would love it if the developers resolved the problem.
I didn't have the problem on LM 18.3, but as I mentioned, it crashes in LM 19.
In my earlier post I misspoke and said LM 19 broke it-- I should have said that it
broke in LM 19. I don't know what the actual cause it. Apologies.
I'm on 19.1 now. I keep coming back to Banshee...
I'm playing with Clementine - but it's a bit OTT and sometimes unintuitive and not so straightforward (e.g. double clicking a playlist item brings up a number tag, but does not play...). It's got lots going for it, but similarly with Amarok it's a bit ugly and OTT (hard to tame the appearance).

Banshee has the simplest and easiest right click to create or edit a smart playlist too.

Deadbeef is nice - you can organise it (Design mode) - colour fonts and all kinds of stuff... but you can't add a folder of music (like Audacious) and then drag good tracks to Picard as you might want to...

I'd still go with Banshee for clicking album covers to select stuff - though I tend to go more with playlists and just like to have a cover showing when files play.

So for listening to music it's really Banshee vs Audacious for library vs files but I'm working to migrate (as I prefer regularly updated stuff).
Rhythmbox looks nice - but there's no art and it can't be designed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”