[Solved] Wordpress - I'm missing something here

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Captain Brillo

[Solved] Wordpress - I'm missing something here

Post by Captain Brillo »

Wordpress.org vs. wordpress.com ??

How do I install Wordpress.org with the Software Manager? It says it's installed, but where is it?
The comments also say wordpress.com is better?

Lots of talk about tarballs, Apache, MySQL, php; what does that have to do with the Software Manager?
I just want to learn how to use Wordpress to build a little website?

Help, please? :( :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Wordpress - I'm missing something here

Post by JoeFootball »

Captain Brillo wrote:Wordpress.org vs. wordpress.com ?? ... I just want to learn how to use Wordpress to build a little website?
WordPress.com it is then. :)

If interested, here's more information on WordPress.com (and WordPress.org).

Joe
Captain Brillo

Post by Captain Brillo »

Thanks - that helps.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I know Zilch about creating websites, but I managed to use WordPress and HostGator to create this one for a friend.

http://jimjamescreations.com/

We signed up with HostGator and just followed the links to WordPress and went on from there.
I watched several of the tutorials and managed to make it work.

In Gallery, we made it so you click on an image for it to go Full Screen, Back button returns to normal.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Captain Brillo

Post by Captain Brillo »

Ok, that's enough of that nonsense.

The learning curves for those CMS thingies is way steeper than learning (or remembering for me) HTML and CSS. Holy cow, they made me feel stupid. They were all so complicated!

Oh, my, Atom is so relaxing... :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”