Sound Problem with extern HDD

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aberdeen

Sound Problem with extern HDD

Post by Aberdeen »

Hi Community,

I m now since 5 days On linux Mint 19- TARA and even some minor Problems, i think its great.

i moved away from windows because of to much process, to much spy ans to much ressources need.

actually Mint do it better .
Short about my Hardware : Asus MB TUF 360-b Plus. 16 Gb Ram- 128 GB SSD- USB NATIVE Instrument Komplet Audio 6 -
( Additional if need for my music : Native Instrument Komplet Kontroll MIDI Key - Akai APC 25 - Miditech Midi Keyboard-

2 Screen : 1 21 and 1 19 " -
1 HDD 320 GB in a rack to turn on/off
1 HDD 500 Gb attached to a Activ USB 3.0 HUB

Software installed: ( just after install , all system update installed )

Stacer, Bleachit, KDE Part manager, PITIVI , Wine ,wineHQ ,Play on Linux, Entropia Universe , Photoprint , Double Commander , VLC , Ardour . LMMS,Audacity + Lame , waterfox,evolution,.. well thats it for now.

So now my problem. Mostly after copying a folder on 1 of my 2 external HDD , playing music with VLC ( mostly videos ) will be rendered with some lags.. sound stop for 1 sec..or so.
Played with Mint Mediaplayer , all songs play slow.

I deinstalled ARDOUR and LMMS . But Finally no success. Music ( MP3 or Videos play slower than normal )

i couldnt find any solution for now. ONLY a new start fix that issue.
any Idea ?
Suggestion and Fix welcome. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”