[SOLVED, but not solved] Audio output source changes without permission (LM 19)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ulfberht86
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED, but not solved] Audio output source changes without permission (LM 19)

Post by Ulfberht86 »

My audio output source switches from speaker to microphone each time i play a video game, and i don't want that! The system just changes my settings without asking me first... :shock:

I have a "Blue Yeti" microphone and it has an audio jack for headphones, so that's probably why it's listed as output device, but my speakers also have an audio jack for headphones and I use speakers more than I use headphones, so I don't need the output capability of my microphone.

I don't see a way to turn my microphone off as output device, or a way to set my speakers as standard device, or anything like that in audio settings, so I can only see one solution:

My speakers connect to my microphone, my microphone connect to my usb hub and that hub connect to the motherboards in my 2 stationarys... :lol:

It's cable spaghetti, but it solves the problem with the output switching from speaker to microphone, but it doesn't explain why the audio output device changed without my permission, so if anybody knows what caused this odd behavior in the first place, then please reply to the post.

(My microphone and speakers behave in a normal manner, when I don't play video games)

Thanks in advance for replying :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”