Low space on device warning on every reboot - boring message

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hilfer23

Low space on device warning on every reboot - boring message

Post by hilfer23 »

Hi akk:

Everytime I start my linux mint I get a message saying that I am almost ran out of space ( only 300 mb).

This is not correct as I still have around 98 GB of free space.

Why am I getting that message ??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Low space on device warning on every reboot

Post by gm10 »

Post output of

Code: Select all

df -h
DAMIEN1307

Re: Low space on device warning on every reboot - boring message

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

if your "DISKS" drive manager utility shows you have a separate "boot" partition,( it will probably be a small "fat32"partititon )... then the problem is most likely that you need to remove previous and now unused kernels...that can be done easily just by clicking open the update manager and clicking on "view" yab at top and then linux kernels...just click on any of them that say installed and click the remove button...take note that you cannot remove the "active" kernel and you should leave the previous kernel that is prior to the active one as a backup just in case anything might go wrong with the active kernel...DAMIEN
hilfer23

Re: Low space on device warning on every reboot - boring message

Post by hilfer23 »

Ok I did it but only one could be removed. !!

All the other versions I could only install them.

Anyway I removed the one that could be removed.

Will see on next start-up if that worked.

tks.

EDIT : problem solved

Return to “Beginner Questions”