libsoup and evolution mail

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wddossett

libsoup and evolution mail

Post by wddossett »

Hi,

I an on Mint 19, I am trying to use Evolution with an exchange server. Set up using ews and mail works well, but calendar does not. I've tried resetting up the account, checking the tick box to sync all folders and anything else I could find on google. The error I get in evolution is

Unable to connect to “Calendar”: Backend factory for source “900c2ef494f7caf29a812432257641e2203a8ec2” and extension “Calendar” cannot be found.

evolution team say it should work, more googling and the only thing I can find at the moment is libsoup is causing the error maybe. I'm out of my depth now...

aptitude search "libsoup*" seems to indicate I am on libsoup-2.4. It seems that evolution may want libsoup-2.58 or above. more googling, it looks like Artful has libsoup-2.60? but now things are talking about compiling source and I haven't done that since I worked with slackware (you can see how old I am!) and generally think that's a bad thing as it breaks the apt/yum process... but, I do really want to get calendar to work in evolution, so I am now stuck and I come to ask can this be done? without bricking my new Linux Mint which after just a few days I am loving!

Thanks
Bill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”