Regarding booting problems

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Henrynmt

Regarding booting problems

Post by Henrynmt »

I have been using linux mint for almost 7 months now and there have been ups and downs. I have now come across a problem which I can`t get rid of.

When I try to boot, it leads me to q wcreen where I have to type in the commands manually with something called initramfs.

I tried help for a list of built in commands and when I commanded exit it says:
... Fsck from util-linux 2.27.1 .........
Contains a file system with errors, check forced.
/dev/sda1:
Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY. (i.e., without -a or -p options)
fsck exited qith status code 4
done.
Failure: File system check of the root filesystem failed
The root filesystem on /dev/sda1 requires a manual fsck

Could you please help me out!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
michael louwe

Re: Regarding booting problems

Post by michael louwe »

Henrynmt wrote:.
viewtopic.php?t=269489 (File system corrupted for no obvious reason) eg sudo fsck -yv /dev/sda1

Manual fsck can also be run from Live GParted, ie right click on the root partition and click Check, or from the Grub Menu's Recovery Environment which, for a single-boot LM system, is accessed by pressing the SHIFT or ESC key during startup.

Return to “Beginner Questions”