How to get rid of the screen asking for password when the screen goes black due to inactivity?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SamLearnsLinux

How to get rid of the screen asking for password when the screen goes black due to inactivity?

Post by SamLearnsLinux »

Linux Mint 19 XFCE.

When I dont use the screen for 10 minutes or so, the monitor goes to sleep and when I turn it back on, it asks for password. How do I get rid of this annoyance of having to enter my password?

Also where do I change the setting for the duration of inactivity after which the screen falls asleep? I would like to increase it to 30 mins.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to get rid of the screen asking for password when the screen goes black due to inactivity?

Post by trytip »

in settings do you have Power Manager? if so open it and you can disable screen locking or suspend, do you also have a security TAB?
SamLearnsLinux

Re: How to get rid of the screen asking for password when the screen goes black due to inactivity?

Post by SamLearnsLinux »

Fantastic. Thank you that worked perfectly for both the things I wanted help with!

Return to “Beginner Questions”