WiFi issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MNKent

WiFi issue

Post by MNKent »

I can no longer connect at Google Starbucks. This started about a month ago. The problem is ONLY at Google Starbucks. Those Starbucks that are not Google do not cause the problem. I upgraded to 19 but it did not solve the problem, so went back to 18.3. I looked at Ask Ubuntu but the answers look awful iffy. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: WiFi issue

Post by trytip »

what's Google Starbucks is that some service or is it that you can't connect to google at starbucks
MNKent

Post by MNKent »

Google and Starbucks work together to put wifi in Starbucks stores.
MNKent

Post by MNKent »

See these posts. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1023429 ... untu-17-10 It is not really a newbie issue. It is more of a networking screw up between ubuntu/linux mint and google-starbucks. I do not know networking enough to parse it out.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

have you tried it with a live distro? not much info to go on. could be the store has a set firewall rules, could be an issue with your dhcp. don't know what to ask for since i never connect in public, except with android and even that sometimes can't connect.

from what i gather in the link you provide is that it's a DNS issue. change your DNS to google, restart your networking and try it again

ps: this means that GOOGLE wants to track whoever is using their product or they don't get in.
Last edited by trytip on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNKent

Post by MNKent »

It is a problem at all Starbucks that use Google-Starbucks. I have been using linux for a very long time. This is a very recent development.
MNKent

Post by MNKent »

I do have a copy of syslog for this issue if it would help anybody know what is going on.

Return to “Beginner Questions”