[SOLVED] order of tabs in the taskbar

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
monere
Level 3
Level 3

Re: order of tabs in the taskbar

Post by monere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:53 pm

rickNS wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm
re #2, a second browser is for "just in case". I've never had a browser fail either, I've also never "needed" a backup, and I have several of those. It would be foolish to live without at least one backup, I'm sure you would agree. "IF" a browser did crash and you only had one, how would you get online for help ? A second browser is good practice just like backing up your pictures.
Yeah, it makes sense...

Regarding Chromium, I could have sworn that one of the browsers that I've tested over the last 2 days had needed 100 GB to be installed. Or was it 10 GB??? Oh well, maybe it was 10 GB and I didn't see correctly... I think I'll take a look at chromium again then :)

Cheers!

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Moem » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:08 pm

monere wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Moem wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:24 pm
Yeah, that would be me. I have a workspace for chat (mostly using Pidgin), one for my browser, one for my email, and one for various other stuff such as image editing.
So, you're using an entire workspace only for ONE application? Why not use both Pidgin, and the email on the same workspace?
Because Pidgin consists of three windows (contact list, IRC window, individual chats window) which together fill the screen, and email is full screen, and I find it easier to go to the right workspace than to call the wanted window to the front. I have a pretty small screen, as well.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

monere
Level 3
Level 3

Post by monere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Moem wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:08 pm
monere wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 pm
Moem wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:24 pm
Yeah, that would be me. I have a workspace for chat (mostly using Pidgin), one for my browser, one for my email, and one for various other stuff such as image editing.
So, you're using an entire workspace only for ONE application? Why not use both Pidgin, and the email on the same workspace?
Because Pidgin consists of three windows (contact list, IRC window, individual chats window) which together fill the screen, and email is full screen, and I find it easier to go to the right workspace than to call the wanted window to the front. I have a pretty small screen, as well.
I didn't know that Pidgin takes up 3 slots in the taskbar... Anyway, I was just curious why you're using 4 workspaces, so I hope you didn't mind that I asked. In the end, everyone customizes and uses Linux the way they want, which is one of the reasons I've switched to it :)

Return to “Newbie Questions”