how can I make a boot disk for linux mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jackjps

how can I make a boot disk for linux mint

Post by jackjps »

I have been backing up Linux for years with Clonezille-live.
My wife likes Gmail and you all know what google has done recently with google.
The computer is 64-bit with uefi & was running Linux Mint 18.3. So I deleted Linux
18.3 with Dban and tried to install Linux Mint 19-cinnamon 64-bit. It wouldn't boot.
I have a backup on an external disk that I can't use because the computer is asking
for a boot disk. At this time there is NO OS on the computer. Clonezilla-live won't
boot up either.
I am at a loss for what to do.
Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Re: how can I make a boot disk for linux mint

Post by Tomgin5 »

First step.
1, Get into the bios at boot, depending on the computer, F1, F2, F8, F9, F11, or ESC.
2. After the latter, select where the boot device is.
3. turn off Fast and secure boot, select legacy, turn off UEFI if you can find it.
4. You can use the external HDD or "LIVE" OS flash drive or backup DVD.
5. If all else fails go to #1 .
jackjps

Re: how can I make a boot disk for linux mint

Post by jackjps »

Thank for for your suggestions.

Return to “Beginner Questions”