No Correct Bootloader

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ex 4722

No Correct Bootloader

Post by Ex 4722 »

Hi I just got Limux mint a few days ago all went well until I tried to get a refined boot manager.
I thought I downloaded one but I ran all the commands for refined and the I powered it off to see if it worked and I saw the Windows blue screen of death. The screen was my computer logo Acer and then the message not Bootloader found and sewer system. I was Ina boot loop after until it said Windows looking for problems and then I got to a screen that was the start up mean for window so with installing from usb and trouble shooting. This is where I am now and I need help.
My compphone term was a dual boot system with Linux mint and Windows ten.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: No Corect Bootloader

Post by catweazel »

Ex 4722 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:28 pm Hi I just got Limux mint a few days ago all went well until I tried to get a refined boot manager.
I thought I downloaded one but I ran all the commands for refined and the I powered it off to see if it worked and I saw the Windows blue screen of death. The screen was my computer logo Acer and then the message not Bootloader found and sewer system. I was Ina boot loop after until it said Windows looking for problems and then I got to a screen that was the start up mean for window so with installing from usb and trouble shooting. This is where I am now and I need help.
My compphone term was a dual boot system with Linux mint and Windows ten.
First, you need to define what "a refined boot manager" is, what a "sewer system" is, what you actually downloaded, where you downloaded it from, and what instructions you followed. It would also help to know something about your machine so please post the output of this terminal command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Enclose the results between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Ex 4722

Re: No Correct Bootloader

Post by Ex 4722 »

Hi i actually got that problem fixed with windows but an even bigger problem arose. I choose from windows recovery page to reinstall windows from last update or something like that. I choose a time when I had backed up windows and reinstalled it so I lost some stuff. The problem is that Linux was deleted and is no trace of it whatsoever. Now I want to reinstall Linux but i got up to restarting to the computer to finalize the installation and I got a black screen with something along the line of Linux failed to remove partitioner followed by a string of numbers. HELP I like linux a lot and my computer is so slow.
Ex 4722

Re: No Correct Bootloader

Post by Ex 4722 »

Sorry about this message but I did not look clearly. There is a trace of linux, in the disk management you get from typing in diskmgmt in windows command. So it says that [attachment=0]Linux mint.PNG[/attachment] That is what i saw. Please help

Return to “Beginner Questions”