Scroll bars

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wildalaska
Level 1
Level 1

Scroll bars

Post by wildalaska » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 am

I just got TB and FF working on Mint 19. Thanks to all the helpful replies I got.

All that remains, near as I can tell, is to make the scroll bars work like they do in Windows versions of TB and FF (i.e, when you mouse click below the scroll bar handle, the screen only changes by one page, and line-by-line increments are possible.

So, how can I make Mint's scroll bars work like they do in Windows 7? Or is this a patent thing? (If it is, I may have an idea for a workaround.)

Any wisdom will be appreciated.

BTW, My TB Inbox folder view was very hard to read, due to small fonts. So I checked Mozilla forums, where there was a great deal of comment on font sizes in the Thunderbird folder/inbox views, and every post I read either had incorrect replies or very difficult fixes. Turns out there was a very simple fix: In Mint 19, go to settings>appearance>fonts, and change the fonts (they are global). Now my TB Inbox looks nice and readable!
Last edited by Moem on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed all-caps.

Moem
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Scroll bars

Post by Moem » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:07 am

wildalaska wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 am
I just got TB and FF working on Mint 19. Thanks to all the helpful replies I got.
Glad to hear it's working. People will probably see it sooner if you post your thanks in the same thread(s) as you asked the question(s).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Executioner
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Scroll bars

Post by Executioner » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:08 am

Are you referring to the missing scroll arrows? If so, there is some discussion here and a fix. I haven't tried it yet.

viewtopic.php?t=249218

then points to the fix here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=251022

Return to “Newbie Questions”