Calendar in Linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pascal Illustrator

Calendar in Linux Mint

Post by Pascal Illustrator »

Hello,
Does Linux Mint has a calendar?
I have a calendar pop-up when I click on the date in the right bottom corner, but it's not a calendar like Mac OS.
In Mac OS I can write a note on a date / hour that gives a message on my screen when that date / time is there.
I don't find this in my Linux system.
I'm not sure which Mint version it is. I think 18.3. Is there a way how I can see this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Calendar in Linux Mint

Post by AndyMH »

Gnome-calendar is installed by default (I think in 18.3), if not install from software manager. You will find it as calendar in the menu (in mine it is in the office category). This may do what you want.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Pascal Illustrator wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:44 am I'm not sure which Mint version it is. I think 18.3. Is there a way how I can see this?
Type 'system info' into the menu search box, and see what comes up.

On my 18.3 Cinnamon installation, Gnome-calendar is not installed by default but it is in the Software Manager.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

On my Mint 19 machines running Cinnamon Calendar is found in the Office menu.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Pascal Illustrator

I found it. It's Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit.
The calendar is not installed as default appearantly in 18.3.
I can download it, but isn't it better to upgrade to system 19 for security updates?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "Pascal Illustrator",

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

[SOLVED] Looking for a simple calendar - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=262994&hilit=calendar

Accessing Google Calendar on Desktop - Linux Mint Forums
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=277167&hilit=calendar

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Pascal Illustrator

Thank you.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

On my Mint 19 machines running Cinnamon Calendar is found in the Office menu
Typing this on an 18.3 machine, it is also in the office category.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Pascal Illustrator wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:29 am The calendar is not installed as default appearantly in 18.3.
I can download it, but isn't it better to upgrade to system 19 for security updates?
No, not per se and not for that reason. 18.3 is still supported so it is getting its security updates. Mint 19 offers new features and if you want those, that would be a reason to upgrade.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

I think MineTime is mentioned in one of phd21's links. I have been using it for a couple of weeks, and I am starting to like it. https://minetime.ai/

MineTime is available as an AppImage - it is a way to take it for a test drive without actually installing it to your system. If you like it you can install the .deb or continue to use the AppImage. I am using the AppImage, and it works well enough for me that I have decided not to install the .deb.

The link to the AppImage is on the website, under the Download .deb and Download .rpm buttons. Download the file, make it executable, and run.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Petermint »

The calender in Thunderbird is worth a look. You can send invites through email. For me, it is easier than having a calender separate from email and it makes scheduling meetings really easy.
Pascal Illustrator

Thanks
I have add KOrganizer

Return to “Beginner Questions”