Suggestions for dark MATE 'Controls' themes?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Suggestions for dark MATE 'Controls' themes?

Post by darkstrike »

Hey all - looking for some new dark / black colored MATE 'Controls' themes for my laptop! :) I'd prefer them to have gray, blue or red highlights to match my current favorite icon sets, etc. I'm using Linux Mint 19 MATE 64-bit - everything is up to date.

I've been using BlackMate almost exclusively because it's the only dark theme I've found that I've not had any issues with and looks really nice. I've downloaded several more aside from BlackMate, but most all seem to have odd annoying problems like the volume or brightness bar that tells you the current setting being blank or incredibly hard to see (such as with the Adwaita theme - volume is actually set to 75% here):
Screenshot at 2018-09-22 17-32-07.jpg
Or often text boxes on websites are incredibly hard to read - this includes drop-down menus as well (such as this example with me using the Adapta-Nokto-Eta theme:
Screenshot at 2018-09-22 17-35-35.jpg
Anybody have another suggestion aside from BlackMate that doesn't have these small niggly problems with it?

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Suggestions for dark MATE 'Controls' themes?

Post by rickNS »

I like the dark themes, and mint 18.0 had a color "tweaker" that aloud you to change the color, anyway...

"often text boxes on websites are incredibly hard to read "

There is a fix for that I saw somewhere....searching....by Smurphos here.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=266585
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Post by darkstrike »

THANK YOU. That fix is excellent.....does it persist through Firefox updates though?
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Should do... :)
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Beginner Questions”