[SOLVED] How do I install an Epson WF 845 printer that is on my network??

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Banzai Beagle

[SOLVED] How do I install an Epson WF 845 printer that is on my network??

Post by Banzai Beagle »

I am just and old geezer and a newbie to this Linux thing and cant' figure out how to print from my Linux box to a network printer.

I have an Epson Workforce 845 on the network connected via USB to a Windows 10 box. Until yesterday I could print fine from my Linux 18.1 box then all of a sudden it stopped printing (maybe some software 'update' was pushed out by Linux? I vaguely recall seeing something about that a few days ago). I can print just fine from my Windows 10 laptop, my Windows XP PC and even my Windows 7 and 3.1 laptops and iPhones, just not the Linux box.

Before yesterday I could print from the Linux box even if the Windows 10 PC was turned off. Now nothing.

I downloaded the latest drivers from Epson and when I install the deb package it says it is already installed so I reinstalled it.

When I try to add the printer via Samba I get this message - "CUPS server error There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'server-error-internal-error'.

Any help would be appreciated but please keep it simple - my idea of a computer is a mechanical device used to lay in naval gunfire on a 16 inch gun on the USS Missouri...

PS I tried to find something on this by searching the forum but nothing seemed to work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Banzai Beagle

[SOLVED] Re: How do I install an Epson WF 845 printer that is on my network??

Post by Banzai Beagle »

Okay, so I uninstalled CUPS and reinstalled it and it works now. Not a clue why.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: How do I install an Epson WF 845 printer that is on my network??

Post by AZgl1800 »

the CUPS that was installed was trying to use the old settings.

you fixed the confusion by removing it, and reinstalling it.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Beginner Questions”