Backup Tool app list doesn't show copyQ ?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marklane

Backup Tool app list doesn't show copyQ ?

Post by marklane »

Hi everybody!

I ran the list files Backup Tool but for some reason it doesn't list copyQ, which I see in the GUI and it was installed with the file manager. Why isn't it listed?

I added it to the BT file list manually, but used all small caps, which is a standard (sometimes). Will that work for app restore of copyQ? Are there other programs the Backup Tool list will miss?

As an aside, I tried a lot of different clipboards and copyQ has the best features, but it's a bit tricky to figure out.

Mark
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Backup Tool app list doesn't show copyQ ?

Post by gm10 »

Backup Tool only lists apps you installed via Software Manager. It can restore copyq (lower case spelling is correct for package names) in Mint 19 but it will restore it from the Mint/Ubuntu repositories, not whatever you "installed with the file manager".

Return to “Beginner Questions”