Too little options in Nvidia X Settings

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jadw1

Too little options in Nvidia X Settings

Post by Jadw1 »

Hi,
As I wrote in subject, I have too little options in Nvidia X Settings. Firstly, I mention that I've red some topics on that and it doesn't work/gives an error while typing commands in terminal.

I'm using HP Pavilion 15 Power laptop and there are integrated Intel GPU and GTX 1050. My basic problem is after 15 minutes of using laptop with Mint as OS, laptop is quite hot, too hot. And what I red, laptop is using GTX as a default GPU and this can be changed in Nvidia settings but others have like 10 options in menu on the left and I have just 2.

Can you help me? :(

I'm quit new Linux user so tell me what more info will be helpful. I'm using the latest Mint 19 Cinammon.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Laurent85
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Too little options in Nvidia X Settings

Post by Laurent85 »

Please post your system specs:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Jadw1

Post by Jadw1 »

here is screenshot about system info: https://imgur.com/a/EZyzq8b
Laurent85
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Laurent85 »

Don't post screenshots of command line results, paste the results in between code tags [code][/code], the 4th icon of the forum text editor.

The nvidia driver is not loaded, ensure Secure Boot is disabled in the bios settings.
N3wb

Post by N3wb »

I also have an HP Pavilion 15 series laptop, although an older model.
Does it look like this?

For me, I have limited options when I switch to Intel integrated GPU. Switching back to Nvidia GPU gives me extended options.

Return to “Beginner Questions”