[SOLVED]help for firefox and lan

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Janick00

[SOLVED]help for firefox and lan

Post by Janick00 »

hello everyone is new in the linux world and I have a problem with firefox.
I have linux mint 18.1 and a nas with openmediavault and when I want to save a file on the nas from the browser I do not have the possibility to select it from the resources in lan.
I tried to find a solution but nothing helped me
I hope you can do it
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: help for firefox and lan

Post by xenopeek »

Is this just a problem in Firefox? As in, can you copy files to it with your file manager. Possibly you haven't configured a mount for this nas and so by opening the nas location in your file manager you're dynamically mounting it. The mount wouldn't exist before that. Test that. Open it in your file manager, so that you can see the files on it, then see if you can save to it from Firefox at that time.
Janick00

Post by Janick00 »

yes only in firefox, if I open nemo I find NAS - SMB / CIFS and I can enter but if I have to do save as firefox when I have to choose the location the nas does not appear
Janick00

Post by Janick00 »

up
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

When you use nemo to connect to the NAS your share is mounted under this location:

Code: Select all

/run/user/1000/gvfs
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Janick00

Post by Janick00 »

and what should I do?
Janick00

Post by Janick00 »

sorry but I did not understand what to do to make visible my nas in "other positions" when saved files
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

[1] Open up Nemo and go to /run/user/1000/gvfs.

[2] Immediately bookmark that location. You will create a link on the side panel of Nemo labeled gvfs.
gvfs-nemo.png
[3] Now use nemo ( Network > Network ) to connect to your NAS.

[4] When you are in Firefox that exact same link to gvfs appears in the Save As dialogue.
gvfs-firefox.png
Opening gvfs will reveal all of your mounted shares.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Janick00

Post by Janick00 »

in this way I solved
I do not know how to thank you :o

Return to “Beginner Questions”