[SOLVED] youtube not working

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
raksiam
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] youtube not working

Post by raksiam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello. I am a total newbie when it comes to Linux. I installed Mint 19 tonight on a laptop I wasn't using anymore to try it out. When I go to Youtube using either FIrefox or Chromium I am unable to watch any Youtube videos. I was shown thumbnails at one point but now the whole page is mostly blank. I am baffled. I presume there is some way around this or some kind of extension or something that probably needs to be installed but I have no idea where to begin.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by Moem on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked this as [SOLVED] for you; please note that you can and should do this for your own topics. Thanks!

all41
Level 13
Level 13

Re: youtube not working

Post by all41 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Are you running any script blockers?
Try clicking the 'Hamburger' icon in the upper right corner, click Help, and choose to restart Firefox
with add-ons disabled.

oh--I see Chromium having problems as well. Perhaps this has something to do with it:
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/youtube-in ... ive-outage
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

raksiam
Level 1
Level 1

Post by raksiam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks. Yes, all is working now. So it appears to have just been a poorly timed conincidence.

all41
Level 13
Level 13

Post by all41 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 pm

raksiam wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm
Thanks. Yes, all is working now. So it appears to have just been a poorly timed conincidence.
+1 The coincidental things can mess with your mind--for sure
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

Return to “Newbie Questions”