[SOLVED] Issue when trying to install TexLive

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
guenteranton

[SOLVED] Issue when trying to install TexLive

Post by guenteranton »

Hi,

I am new in the Linux world. 6 weeks ago I kicked out Windows 10 and installed LinuxMint 19. Everything works fine so far.

Now I tried to install TexLive.
I used the following command: sudo apt-get install texlife.
The Error message said (in german):
Verbindung mit Linux.mirrorhost.pw:80 konnte nicht aufgebaut werden (176.9.144.121), Zeitüberschreitung.
My rough translation would be: connection with Linux.mirrorhost.pw:80 could not be set up (176.9.144.121); Exceeding time limit.

Ideas welcome.

Thank you for your help.

Guenter from Munich
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
guenteranton

[SOLVED] Re: Issue when trying to install TexLive

Post by guenteranton »

Hi Linux fellows,
I checked a lot of stuff - like e.g. ethernet interface and connection to my fritzbox - everything was o.k., but linux.mirrorhost.pw:80 could still not be found; There were quite some updates in Nov/Dec 2018 which - I hoped - were somehow connected to my bug, e.g. like mint-mirrors. I tried after every update - but the problem was still there. Beginning of January the new 19.1 version came out - I ran the update - and: TexLive installation was all of a sudden successful. No failure reported!! :D :D It works fine now!
Last edited by guenteranton on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Issue when trying to install TexLive

Post by deepakdeshp »

Good to know that you were able to solve it.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
guenteranton

Re: Issue when trying to install TexLive

Post by guenteranton »

Thanks for your comment. I just marked it [SOLVED].

Return to “Beginner Questions”