Uninstalled cinnamon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UnwantedArun

Uninstalled cinnamon

Post by UnwantedArun »

I've uninstalled cinnamon. I wanted to uninstall pulseaudio,
But cinnamon also uninstalled with that.
Now though terminal I'm unable to install cinnamon because it is not connecting to my mirror

mirror.xeonbd.com/ubuntu-archive

How do i reset my mirror to default source.

Also in sources.list file, there's nothing in it.

Please help. There's no interface available now. Only terminal.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
UnwantedArun

Re: Uninstalled cinnamon

Post by UnwantedArun »

Please anybody respond
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

UnwantedArun wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:07 am Please anybody respond
These are international forums staffed by volunteers. People have lives all over the planet, hence the forum rule to wait 48 hours before bumping a topic. Please be patient.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

1. Don't bump your own threads, you lessen your chances for them to be seen. I usually only look at threads without responses.

2. Carefully type and run this to fix your mirror situation:

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i "s/mirror.xeonbd.com\/ubuntu-archive/archive.ubuntu.com\/ubuntu/" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
Then

sudo apt-get update
and

sudo apt-get install mint-meta-cinnamon
UnwantedArun

Post by UnwantedArun »

gm10 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 am 1. Don't bump your own threads, you lessen your chances for them to be seen. I usually only look at threads without responses.

2. Carefully type and run this to fix your mirror situation:

sudo sed -i "s/mirror.xeonbd.com\/ubuntu-archive/archive.ubuntu.com\/ubuntu/" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
Then

sudo apt-get update
and

sudo apt-get install mint-meta-cinnamon

It worked. But after reinstalling pulseaudio, my Bluetooth is not working.
It can turn on, can find new device. But after pairing. It disconnects immediately. Also unable to reconnect.
Please help me to fix this too.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Check the log at /var/log/apt/history.log to see what else was uninstalled and re-install where necessary. If that does not help, best make a new thread.

Return to “Beginner Questions”