Terminal writing delayed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cronyc

Terminal writing delayed

Post by cronyc »

I just installed mint cinnamon and when writing in the terminal, there is a delay between pressing the key and the appearing of the letters in the terminal. However, I don't have this problem when writing in Firefox for instance.
I am new to linux and don't really know how to fix this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Terminal writing delayed

Post by catweazel »

cronyc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:03 am I am new to linux and don't really know how to fix this.
Please post the output of this terminal command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Enclose the results between [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] code markers by selecting </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply. Note that it's a capital F in that command, followed by lower case xz.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
cronyc

Post by cronyc »

Thank you for your help!

-bash: inxi: command not found
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

cronyc wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:25 am Thank you for your help!

-bash: inxi: command not found
What does lsb_release -a give you?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
cronyc

Post by cronyc »

I haven't changed anything, but it somehow works again. Thanks for your help tho!!
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

Very odd that inxi appears to be absent from your system. Makes me wonder if anything else is missing .. I thought inxi was installed by default on all Mint systems. What does apt policy inxi return?

As for the really odd lag issue you had with the Terminal, this could have been fixed by an update but it's something I've never experienced, even on ancient hardware.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Beginner Questions”