Unable to install php7.X_sqlite3

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hlsiira

Unable to install php7.X_sqlite3

Post by hlsiira »

Nearly fresh installation of Linux Mint Tara.
I've been trying to install the php7.x_sqlite3 module for a lamp server on my laptop so I can do web design, however no matter how I try to type the name, I keep getting "Unable to locate package". After opening about 15 tabs across searching for a solution, I got a bunch of variations on "Use X command":

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install php5-sqlite
sudo apt install php7.0-sqlite3
sudo apt install php7.2-sqlite3
I've updated and upgraded with apt and still nothing.
I tried searching the apt-cache with "apt-cache search php | grep sqlite" and it even returns the correct names for the package
I searched through the Ubuntu Repo and can even again see the package there
I finally found this page on the forums for and was able to install it from there, but I'd like to figure how to fix the actual issue as I am trying to create an installation script that does all my configuration for me. (It's going well until now)

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”