Keyboard shortcuts

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bhola_singh

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by bhola_singh »

Hello,

Is there a definitive list of keyboard shortcuts (I have a windows keyboard)that work in Linux Mint tara (xfce?). I ask because on the web I see some shortcuts that don't work for me (CTRL + ALT+ DOWN ARROW to expose the workspace applications for example and all similar workspace related shortcuts). I wonder if I am referring to the wrong list or if something is wrong with my installation.

Also, my primary laptop is a mac, how can I make this windows keyboard connected to a linux, work like a mac? :). At least if I can remap a couple of the important keys such as the super key, that would be great.

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by phd21 »

Hi bhola_singh,

In the System Settings and or menus there is usually a "shortcuts" option which may be under the Keyboard options where you can change, add, remove keyboard shortcuts, globally = system-wide, and other types.

10 things to do first in Linux Mint 19 Xfce - Easy Linux tips project
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... -mint-xfce

Where are the Linux Mint xfce keyboard shortcuts saved? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... cuts-saved

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Beginner Questions”