Restore linux mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
david xanchez

Restore linux mint

Post by david xanchez »

Hi everyone!
I need help form the community.
I had to change my laptop with a partition with linux mint.
I can not install partitions on my new laptop. I want to install the linux mint partition in a virtual machine.
Is that possible?
I appreciate your help. Greetings.:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Restore linux mint

Post by pbear »

Not certain I understand the question, but what I think you want to know is whether installing as a virtual machine gets around a limitation on creating new partitions, in effect creating a dual boot system. The answer is yes, you can do this with VirtualBox. VBox will run as an app in Windows. VBox's data files, including the virtual hard drive for the virtual machine, will be saved in the regular Windows partition. All this assumes, of course, that there is enough free space on the disk to accommodate the virtual machine.

Hope that helps. Apologies if I've misunderstood the question, in which case please clarify.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Restore linux mint

Post by catweazel »

david xanchez wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:42 pm I can not install partitions on my new laptop.
Why is that?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Beginner Questions”