SOLVED How to insert inxi -Fxzd & Code : Select All

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

SOLVED How to insert inxi -Fxzd & Code : Select All

Post by bill_steamshovel »

Hello,

Am intrigued by the way people can add their inxi -Fxzd data inside a box in the main body of the post.

Have looked through the announcements hoping to find out how to do this - couldn't find it, where should I look please ?

What is the significance of the "Code : Select Al" boxes and how/why would I make one please - again please just point me to the relevant FAQ cos am too dumb to find it for myself.

Thankyou

Bill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Seadreamer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to insert inxi -Fxzd & Code : Select All

Post by Seadreamer »

When you are composing a message there is a row of boxes just above the typing window.

Code: Select all

select the one that look like </> 
to give you a code box. You can put anything you want in it. It is meant for executable code but...
Homebrew Intel i7/13700 64gb RAM
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon
Win 10 for games
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: How to insert inxi -Fxzd & Code : Select All

Post by MrEen »

Hi Bill.

The button above the box where you type your reply that looks like this </> will insert [ⅽode] and [/ⅽode] tags that you insert your text between to accomplish that. One good reason for using that is another person can click on Select all then right click to copy the full text with formatting. It also retains the formatting that has been pasted into it which is much more readable than without in many cases.

Hope that helps.
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: SOLVED How to insert inxi -Fxzd & Code : Select All

THANKYOU
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

bill_steamshovel wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:25 am

THANKYOU
For short, single lines or words in sentences like this, you can use the c button.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

gotit

thanks
  • two bishops and a rabbi walked into a bar
wheeeee

:mrgreen:

Return to “Beginner Questions”