Can the printer settings icon (located in system settings) [SOLVED] be placed on the Cinnamon Desktop?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tgwilt
Level 3
Level 3

Can the printer settings icon (located in system settings) [SOLVED] be placed on the Cinnamon Desktop?

Post by tgwilt »

Subject says it all. I would like to be able to access the printer settings without having to open the system settings. I have tried dragging it, CTRL-dragging, ALT-dragging. Pressing the right mouse button to drag, and anything else I could think of doing. I even emptied the cat's litter box (cat belongs to daughter, but she had bunion surgery and can't really do much right now). Maybe I have to find a 1 year old virgin goat, cover her with blue mud, and chant, "go icon, go icon, go, go go".

Any advice, no matter how silly, is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Can the printer settings icon (located in system settings) be placed on the Cinnamon Desktop?

Post by smurphos »

Right click in menu - select add to desktop. No need for animal sacrifice... :)
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
tgwilt
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can the printer settings icon (located in system settings) be placed on the Cinnamon Desktop?

Post by tgwilt »

smurphos wrote

>Right click in menu - select add to desktop. No need for animal sacrifice...

Well DUH. I never checked the menu to see if Printer was there. To think I ordered a gallon of blue mud on ebay.

Thanks,

Tom
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

smurphos wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:41 am Right click in menu - select add to desktop. No need for animal sacrifice... :)
lol
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Beginner Questions”