[SOLVED] Seamonkey Install

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
see3ducks
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Seamonkey Install

Post by see3ducks »

Mint 19 Cinnamon 64 bit'

I guess this is a PRE-newbie question. :-( I'd like to install Seamonkey. Why? Because I am hunting around for a decent WYSIWYG web page edito and I heard the editor was something I would liker. I used to use Netscape (who) 4.77 composer on Windows. Anyway, the software manager doesn't know it and I am lost.

Ok, referring back to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=239746 and Austin.Texas' comments (scroll down)....... to me I would think by this time I would have to get a new/different signing key. I know I don't know what I am doing :-( Maybe I should know all of this but I don't. I know some people don't like PPA's being added but I don't know how to install programs otherwise and especially don't know how to get them to show up on the menu.

So, how do I install Seamonkey? Basics please. I just want to use the composer.

Please Help! and thanks,
sub-newbie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The value of your knowledge is determined by your ability and willingness to share it with others.
richyrich

Re: Seamonkey Install

Post by richyrich »

Can you not find it in the Software Manager ? or Synaptic Package Manager ?
see3ducks
Level 4
Level 4

Post by see3ducks »

Cannot see it in software manager. I'll check synaptic package manager.
Thanks!
The value of your knowledge is determined by your ability and willingness to share it with others.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

You won't find it there either, until it has been successfully installed.

I'll try Austin's suggestions and see if I can figure it all out.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

The instructions worked perfectly.

For each one, click on the Select All above the instruction, then right click Copy, then head over to the terminal and right click Paste, in the order he gave them, one at a time.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

The only Menu item added was Mozilla Build of Seamonkey (for me that was under Internet as well as All) in case that's how you like to launch apps. You can also use the terminal for just the editor with /usr/bin/seamonkey -editor %u or create a launcher as he says with that command.
see3ducks
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Seamonkey Install

Post by see3ducks »

see3ducks wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:06 pm Mint 19 Cinnamon 64 bit'

Many thanks to ALL - it works !!

I guess this is a PRE-newbie question. :-( I'd like to install Seamonkey. Why? Because I am hunting around for a decent WYSIWYG web page edito and I heard the editor was something I would liker. I used to use Netscape (who) 4.77 composer on Windows. Anyway, the software manager doesn't know it and I am lost.

Ok, referring back to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=239746 and Austin.Texas' comments (scroll down)....... to me I would think by this time I would have to get a new/different signing key. I know I don't know what I am doing :-( Maybe I should know all of this but I don't. I know some people don't like PPA's being added but I don't know how to install programs otherwise and especially don't know how to get them to show up on the menu.

So, how do I install Seamonkey? Basics please. I just want to use the composer.

Please Help! and thanks,
sub-newbie
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [SOLVED] Seamonkey Install

Post by MrEen »

Good work see3ducks! :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”