(SOLVED) 2 Partitions Instead Of 3

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: (SOLVED) 2 Partitions Instead Of 3

Post by Pierre »

well - you do need to be careful, about which programs that you do UN-install.
- you can break Cinnamon, if are not a little careful.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

Pierre wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:59 am well - you do need to be careful, about which programs that you do UN-install.
- you can break Cinnamon, if are not a little careful.
yea i hear ya, been paying VERY CLOSE attention to what else the particular program wants to unstall and backing out and leaving as is if necessary. you make a good point for people in general, and that is "READ WHAT I PROGRAM WANTS TO UNINSTALL BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY CLICK UNINSTALL".

actually other than a couple of things i think i'm pretty much done tweaking and adding apps. i do need to go through the one thread here to get latte dock up and running.
srq2625

Post by srq2625 »

MrGrimm wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:24 am GEEZE what part of i got it figured out and fixed doesn't anyone get? or i can just uninstall ts along with a hadful of defaults that came with cinnamon that i either don't care about or replaced with something i think is better.
MrGrimm, sir, with all respect you are not the only consumer of this thread. You asked a very good question and there will be others with similar questions about disk partitioning, TimeShift, and their interaction. The posts made after you indicated that your problem is solved are thinking about not just you both other readers of this thread.

As for your question, above; yes, you can uninstall TimeShift and then, use something like sudo apt-get autoremove to remove no longer needed dependencies of uninstalled packages.

Return to “Beginner Questions”