Connecting to SMB Shares with Mint 19 Cinnamon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richardm317
Level 1
Level 1

Connecting to SMB Shares with Mint 19 Cinnamon

Post by richardm317 »

So I have a Fedora 29 and an Ubuntu 18.10 VM that can do this right out of the box. Mint 19 cannot and I'm trying to learn what's different between them. In both distros I can open Nautilus, go to Other Locations, type "smb://hostname" at the bottom, and they will prompt me for credentials then open the remote share.

Mint 19 prompts for credentials but they never work. The target is a Windows 10 domain member and I'm using domain credentials to access its shares. What's missing from Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”