Open VPN

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ofthewoods

Open VPN

Post by ofthewoods »

Hello everyone! I have another question for you all, I am in need of help how to add cyber ghost VPN to linux mint? I have been trying to find more info about Open VPN and how to access it and add my VPN provider.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ofthewoods

Re: Open VPN

Post by ofthewoods »

So far I almost made it work. I feel I am making a small mistake that keeps on messing me up. I have the credentials package from cyberghost I then try to add the right sources for it and then it goes noware. I think its the wrong order or something.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

so, what set of instructions are you following?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Post by rickNS »

This video describes the procedure very well, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ajoFkdeuE
Starting from about 43:00. He is using a different credentials package, not cyber ghost, but the process should be the same.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi ofthewoods,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

Previous post on this. Thanks "rickNS" for recommending my video tutorial also linked in the post below

Looking forward to setup a VPN service on Linux mint
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=267950&hilit=openvpn

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Beginner Questions”