Why does Tiling Nemo break Drag & Drop?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amandaville

Why does Tiling Nemo break Drag & Drop?

Post by Amandaville »

Why can I not Drag & Drop a file from Nemo when it's tiled to a corner? For example, I use Tiling to put XED in the top left corner, Nemo in the bottom left corner and Firefox in the right half of the monitor. Then I try to drag a jpg file from Nemo to a Gmail email in Firefox and it won't work. The same happens when trying to attach a jpg to a Facebook post or message. But if I pull Nemo away from the corner of the screen by a few pixels so it's no longer tiled, then it works fine every time. I've seen this happen on more than one installation of Linux Mint on completely different hardware.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”