Capslock indicator on Login -Gnome 3

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fmadriano4

Capslock indicator on Login -Gnome 3

Post by fmadriano4 »

Hi everyone,

I just installed Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon as dual boot OS with Windows 10 on a Thinkpad x270, 64-bit system. After weeks of playing around with Cinnamon, I installed and I am now using GNOME 3.28.2 desktop environment. My PC has Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2). My problem using GNOME 3 is during user login, there is no caps lock indicator. But once I managed to login, the indicator is working even when I lock the desktop;the caps lock indicator works when I enter my password to re-open my desktop. I encountered this same problem when I first used Mint with Cinnamon desktop environment but I was able to find a fix in google. But in Gnome 3, the closest I found in google is that this issue (in gnome and ubuntu 17) is an identified bug. I hope the community can advise me with the simplest, most effective solution. I am not an IT person so I would appreciate less geeky terminologies. :)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lord Boltar

Re: Capslock indicator on Login -Gnome 3

Post by Lord Boltar »

Might want to have a look here

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/36/lock-keys/

Hope this helps
fmadriano4

Post by fmadriano4 »

My issue with the capslock indicator is still open.
no wroking solution up to now.
fmadriano4

Post by fmadriano4 »

Checked the hyperlinked and installed the extensions but issue still persist; capslock indicator still does not appear during initial logon using the gnome desktop environment.

Return to “Beginner Questions”